Meeting 1: A Public Health approach to Gambling
• What does this mean and how would it be different to what went before?
• On what basis was this change in approach taken?
• The National Strategy to Reduce Harms – what does this mean for the industry?
• Research, education and treatment – what is required (and how will it be paid for)?
• Do we have an actual itemised and costed budget for what is required?
• Will a regulatory Levy solve this?
Meeting 2: Gambling and Football
• What are the benefits and disbenefits of gambling sponsorship?
• What is wrong with streaming?
• Gambling and sporting events – what does history tell us?
• Are sporting integrity issues inevitable?
• Can gambling and football work to the benefit of both?
Meeting 3: The Marketing of Gambling
• What advertising is ‘acceptable’?
• What evidence is there that advertising leads to problem gambling?
• Should affiliates be more regulated?
• VIP programmes – what is legitimate, and what is not?
• Isn’t the issue about banning gambling advertising really just a case of ‘out of sight – out of mind’?
Meeting 4: Is the Gambling Act 2005 Fit For Purpose?
• How is the Gambling Act not ‘future proofed’ (with the exception of casino licensing)?
• What is conceptually different now then from when it was written?
• What needs adding?
• What needs taking away?
• Is there an easy fix?